If you are fun, friendly and looking for an amazing work experience, Sage is the place!
We are currently accepting applications for this coming 2019 Summer Season.
Sage Outdoor Adventures is a well established year round guide service that has much smaller shoulder/off seasons than your ordinary seasonal business. We have a core team of employees that work only and exclusively for Sage, year round. They do a mixture of a lot of things, including Raft Guide, Safety Kayak, Snowmobile Guide, Instruct shooters, Fishing Guide, Van/bus driver, ATV Guide, and Guide Horses as Wranglers. Any and all of this could be you!
We hire people who are genuinely good, happy people. People that love being outside, surrounded by nature, that love other people, that are gifted at sharing, and are naturally giving, polite and mature. We can train you to do the above mentioned jobs all we need from you is an excellent attitude and willingness to work!
Full and Part Time Positions are available
SAGE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. All applicants must agree to a Nationwide criminal and driving background check, as well as pass a pre-employment drug screen. Upon hire, all employees must agree to be entered in a random drug/alcohol screening pool for the duration of their employment.
Pay varies depending on the position and your level of experience. Many of the positions available also receive consistent tips on daily basis.
- Whitewater Raft Guides – (Eagle River, Colorado River & Arkansas River)
- Please read the Guide Certification Program Below.
- Office / Reservations / Front Desk Staff – Multiple Locations
Looking to hire starting May 1st for Summer Position and we are also looking for Year Round person as well.
- Full and Part Time Positions available at our Main Office (Eagle-Vail), Mountain Base (Wolcott) and Colorado River Outpost (Dotsero) – Shifts available 7 days per week, set schedules, consistent days off, very fun work environment coordinating all aspects of our operation. Year Round Opportunities are available.
Take reservations, help to coordinate the daily logistics for all of the trips we offer, work closely with our guide staff and serve as a liaison to our Hotel Partners.
- Wranglers – Mountain Base (Wolcott)
June 1st to September 8th
- We are seeking individuals experienced with Horses and trail guiding. We offer 2 Hour Guided Scenic Tours to the General Public. We are not a boarding facility or hunting operation. We are seeking Wranglers that have excellent communication and customer service skills and have knowledge about caring for and riding horses.
- Fly Fishing Guides – (Piney River, Eagle River, Gore Creek, Colorado River)
May 1st to September 29th
- Sage Outdoor Adventures has access to some of the most exclusive Private Fishing Water in the State of Colorado. We are the only outfitter with access to the Piney River which runs for 7 miles through 33,000 Acres of the Piney Valley Ranch. Here we offer high end full and 1/2 day Wade trips. We also have permits to fish the Eagle and Colorado Rivers.
Our main focus when recruiting fly fishing guides is the ability for a guide to not just be knowledgeable about fishing but have a outgoing personality suited to teaching novice participants how to fish and sharing your love of the sport with the people we take out.
The majority of trips tend to be Wade trips so guides are not required to have a River Certification however it is preferred so you are able to guide float trips as well.
- 5 Stand – Shotgun Shooting Instructors – (Wolcott)
June 1st to September 29th
- We offer shooting instruction at our Mountain Base in a 5 Stand format with 9 stations throwing clays. Lessons tend to be about 1 hour long and we can have as many as 5 per day on busy days. We have enough volume to keep instructors busy all Summer long. This is a great position for avid shooters looking to spend their days in one of the most scenic Mountain Ranches.
- CDL Drivers – (Eagle-Vail, Avon)
May 24th to September 29th
- Most drivers will begin their day at our main office located in Eagle-Vail and primarily transport our rafting customers from their hotels to the rivers near Granite, Buena Vista, Dotsero and Eagle. Then bring them back. You will also provide transportation for groups to our Mountain Base in Wolcott. CDL drivers are extremely in demand from June through Mid September and will make excellent money with out driving around in circles.
- ATV (Side x Side) Guides – (Wolcott)
June 1st to September 30th
- Very limited positions are available as Side x Side guides as most of our Snowmobile Guides transition to Summer ATV guides. We do however tend to hire a few guides each Summer.
- River Rental & Dotsero River Outpost Coordinator – (Dotsero)
May 1st to September 29th
- A very new and unique position within our company. Sage has recently built a new River Outpost in Dotsero near the Mouth of the Glenwood Canyon. At this facility we offer many different activities and services. Responsibilities include renting Stand Up Paddle Boards, Inflatable Kayaks, Tubes, Rafts and E-Bikes. You will also help coordinate with all of our rafting guests and guides as they check in for Shoshone Rapids and the Upper Colorado River tours.
- The Coordinator will have a diverse job description and be involved in all aspects of our operation from rentals, to transportation, retail sales, orchestrating our rafting lunches, organizing river trips and general logistics.
- Kitchen / Cook Staff / Cafe Counter Person (Dotsero – Near Glenwood Canyon)
May 1st to September 29th
- We are looking for multi-talented individuals that are not only able to prepare food but also have the customer service skills to take orders, ring up sales, serve beer, wine, snacks in our Quick Serve Cafe located in Dotsero.
The cafe will serve not only our Rafting and Rental Guests but also the General Public since our facility is located directly next to a very busy River Access Point.
- Kitchen / Cook Staff / Cafe Counter Person (Granite – Near Buena Vista)
May 27th to August 30th – Super Fun Summer Position!!
- We are looking for multi-talented individuals that are not only able to prepare food but also have the customer service skills to take orders, ring up sales, serve beer, wine, snacks and sell retail items in our Quick Serve Cafe and Headquarters for our Arkansas River Rafting operation located in Granite.
In this position you will be responsible for preparing the daily lunches for the guests rafting Brown’s Canyon, Pine Creek and the Numbers. Some trips eat on the river and you will give the guides their lunches to take with them.
Other trips like the Numbers eat after the river trip back at our facility in Granite. For these guests you would have the lunch prepared and ready to serve in our outdoor courtyard when they arrive from the river. Additionally, we sell many souvenir items like hats, T-Shirts, gifts, etc.
2019 RAFT / FISHING GUIDE CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM
10 days of adrenaline filled whitewater adventures on the Eagle, Colorado and Arkansas Rivers!
At Sage Outdoor Adventures most of our summer recruiting for River Related Activities is done through our commercial River Guide Training Program. If you want to guide Whitewater Rafts or Float Fishing Boats anywhere in the U.S., you must complete one of these courses. Sage’s River training class is cutting edge and EXTREMELY FUN!!! Our instructors are true river experts and some of the friendliest professionals you will ever meet.
This year’s class will begin May 15 and is 10+ days long. This class is full-on everything river guiding. If you don’t already love the river, you will after this experience. This program not only prepares you for river guiding, but develops your sphere of awareness along with skills crucial to most any guiding position. Whether on snow, land, water, in life or business experienced guides look at things much differently and have command / control over any situation presented to them. Our river training program instills these attributes and perspectives and is a key foundation for starting your career as a professional guide.
In the river guide training program, we will teach you swift-water rescue techniques, rowing skills, paddle guiding, river features, hydrology, boat anatomy, rigging, rescue, customer service and much more. We begin on mellow water in boats with rowing frames and you will spend time learning to control the boat with oars. As you get the hang of rowing and reading the water in easy sections, we work into paddle boating (where the guide is in the back of the raft steering with a single paddle and calling paddle commands to the crew) in class III and class IV whitewater.
You will be challenged daily, meet amazing people and form friendships that will last a lifetime. You will do things in rivers that most people can’t even comprehend. You will swim through raging whitewater, practice real rescue scenarios, guide boats, control paddle crews, and have an ear to ear smile the whole time
We hire many of the participants that complete the program, though a job as a river or fishing guide is not guaranteed simply by completing the program. We only put people on the river commercially if they show exceptional aptitude for the skills needed to guide. If for some reason you do not get hired as a river guide we have many other positions available within the company and students of our class tend to be our first choice when filling these roles.
FOR 2019 RAFT TRAINING IS FREE.
$100 FOR A BASIC FIRST AID AND CPR CERTIFICATION, WHICH IS REQUIRED BY THE STATE FOR ALL GUIDES. SAGE HAS AN AMERICAN RED CROSS INSTRUCTOR COME TEACH CLASSES AT OUR FACILITY FOR SIMPLICITY FOR TRAINEES.
We interview all potential attendees prior to admitting you to the program, as we only admit those we think would fit well with our team. This is purely a hiring / training program and not a course offered the general public.
During the program we will provide you with any necessary river gear such as wet suits, river booties, splash tops, P.F.D.’s (Life Vests) and helmet if you do not already own this equipment. Once you complete the program and if you are selected to work as a guide you will need to invest in some of your own personal gear such as a helmet, P.F.D. and guide paddle. We have excellent Pro Deals set up with all the top manufacturers.