Given the popularity of our Horseback Ride, we have started a shortened One Hour Ride to give flexibility to your vacation time! This abbreviated option allows us to take even the littlest horse enthusiast over the age of seven. We often find two hours can be too long for young children, so this option is a hit with families!
Experience a Horseback Ride like no other in the area. The Wranglers at Sage pride themselves on offering a truly unique ride every time they head out of our Horse Pasture. They rarely stick to trails and avoid riding nose to tail like many other rides tend to be.
The terrain is absolutely breath taking with massive views of Castle Peak Mountain and the Vail Valley. Ride through beautiful fields of Sage and Juniper, thick Aspen and Pine Groves. Many of the rides travel near several of our Mountain Lakes and Streams that are situated on our Private Mountain.
This is a true Mountain Ride in which you will gain elevation and with that gain views! And because our Mountain is completely private you will have literally thousands upon thousands of acres of open space surrounding you with no other distractions.
The stables are located near the town of Wolcott:
If you’re looking for fun things to do in Avon, Colorado like horseback riding, know that Wolcott is only about a 10-minute drive away.
You can also follow the written directions below precisely to get to our Stables:
1. Exit 157 off Interstate 70 toward Wolcott / Steamboat Springs.
2. Turn right off exit ramp if coming from (Vail and Beaver Creek) —— or Left off exit ramp if coming from (Eagle Airport and Glenwood Springs)
3. Go to Stop Sign @ HWY 6 and turn Left/West on HWY 6 for ONLY 1/4 mile (Paralleling River)
4. Turn Right onto Hwy 131 N when you see the Yacht Club Grill on your left, cross river and go to mile marker 3. (no longer paralleling river)
5. At mile marker 3 turn left onto Horse Mountain Rd. (dirt Rd.) – Follow SAGE signs for the next 3 miles on dirt road, then you will encounter the main Sage Activity sign, where you will make a sharp left turn and continue towards our Mountain Base of Operations.
We do not offer transportation for this activity. All participants meet at the stables.
CHECK IN TIMES: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM
Trips depart promptly at 10AM, 1PM
**If you miss your check in time it is considered a No Show and non-refundable. We can reschedule you for another day or time, depending on availability.
Due to logistics and other factors, all tours require a minimum number of participants to operate. Although you are able to book the tour online, you may be the only person signed up for the tour. Rarely does this happen, but if your trip doesn’t meet the minimum we will contact you as soon as possible, to reschedule or offer a full refund.
1 Hour Horseback Guided Tour
- PRICE PER PERSON: $99
DURATION: 1 Hour
- CHECK IN TIMES: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM
Minimum Recommended Age: 7 years old (depending on child)
Maximum Group Size: 6 people per Guide (if you have a group larger than this, no problem! We can add more guides to your group)
Our tours and pricing are not easily comparable to other outfitters. Our ride is slightly more advanced than other outfitters "advanced" rides. However, this shortened tour gives even our young riders the opportunity to explore the Colorado mountains. Our group sizing is much lower than our competitors and we operate on a completely private 6,000+ acre Mountain.