Looking for a new way to recreate with your family and friends? Drive your own 4- seater Maverick Max. These machines have smooth suspension, unparalleled handing, and super advanced technology. Enjoy countless miles of permitted terrain in addition to 6000 acres of private, world class terrain, in the Castle Peak area *EXCLUSIVE to SAGE guests! Our custom single track trails are intimate, fun, and way more exciting to drive on that your average jeep road, with massive views. You’ll have this part of the mountains all to yourselves.
Be sure to bring a camera!
Trips are 2 ½ or 5 hours long.
TRIP TIMES WILL VARY ON EACH TRIP. We will have you at the ranch approximately 2.5 or 5 hours. Time includes check-in, waivers, gearing up, safety talk, & trail time.
Minimum age to drive: 16
2014 Summer Pricing
2.5 hr Tour Pricing
$199 – 1 or 2 people per Mav
$269 – 3 or 4 people per Mav
Trip Times: 8:30 a.m, 11:00 a.m, 1:30 p.m., and 4:00 p.m
Please call to reserve your Maverick! 970-476-3700
5 hr Tour Pricing -
$329 – 1 or 2 people per Mav
$469 – 3 or 4 people per Mav
Trip Time: 8:30 – By special arrangement – please call 970-476-3700 to book.
Prices listed above do not include a 10% land use fee, or customary gratuity for your guide.
We have unlimited flexibility. Please call if you would like to arrange a custom private trip.
Max Capacity: 28 people at a time.
All trips meet at our base.
We can provide lunch or dinner on any of these trips.
TRY OUR 5-STAND OR SPORTING CLAYS COURSE BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR SIDE X SIDE ADVENTURE! A GREAT COMBINATION ALL AVAILABLE RIGHT AT OUR BASE!
- Fantastic Knowledgeable Guide
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear casual outdoor clothing that can get dirty. You will get dusty!
- Comfortable walking shoes
Directions – ATV Tours, Sporting Clays, Horeseback Rides: (GPS does not work, please follow written directions below precisely to get to our base lodge)
1. Exit 157 off Interstate 70 toward Wolcott / Steamboat Springs.
2. Turn right off exit ramp if coming from the East (Vail and Beaver Creek) —— or Left off exit ramp if coming from the West (Eagle Airport and Glenwood Springs)
3. Go to Stop Sign @ HWY 6 and turn Left/West on HWY 6 for ONLY 1/4 mile (Paralleling River)
4. Turn Right onto Hwy 131 N when you see the Yacht Club Grill on your left, cross river and go to mile marker 3. (no longer paralleling river)
5. At mile marker 3 turn left onto Horse Mountain Rd. (dirt Rd.) – Follow SAGE signs for the next 3 miles on dirt road, then you will encounter the main Sage Activity sign, it will direct you to the proper activity location (ATV, Sporting Clays, and Snowmobile left, Horse stables Right)
Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are strongly recommended.
Reservations cancelled within 48 hours of trip time will be charged the full amount.
SAGE may reschedule/cancel trips due to adverse weather conditions.
SAGE is an equal opportunity provider and operates under special use permits from the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.